- The Oregon Trail (MECC, 1981). Platform: Apple II.
- Oregon Trail II (MECC (became The Learning Company), 1996). Redesigned with the help of American Studies PhD Wayne Studer. Platform: Windows or Mac.
- Oregon Trail 5th edition (The Learning Company, 2000). The most advanced of the three editions published by MECC’s incarnation of The Learning Company. Includes first person perspectives and cut scenes. Platform: Windows or Mac.
- Oregon Trail (Gameloft, 2008). Platform: iPhone
- Oregon Trail (2011). Platform: Facebook
- Civilization (Microprose, 1991). Designer: Sid Meier. Platform: DOS/Windows 3.X Source: Cabrinety Collection (Box 432). Copies also available via Amazon Merchantes, EBay, etc.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization II (Microprose/Spectrum Holobyte, 1996). Designer: Brian Reynolds. Platform: Windows/Macintosh.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization IV (Firaxis, 2001). Designer: Soren Johnson. Version: Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition. Source: Stanford Libraries. Platform: WinXP or higher.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Revolution (2K Games & Firaxis, 2008) Platform: XBox 360. Source: XBox Live Marketplace.
- Fall from Heaven II mod for Civilization IV. Version: 0.40, 12/16/2008 release. http://kael.civfanatics.net/. See also: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398
TYPING OF THE DEAD
- The Typing of the Dead (SEGA, 2000; North American release: 2001) Platform: Dreamcast.
- The Typing of the Dead (Smilebit/Empire Interactive, 2001.) Platform: Win95. NB.
- The Typing of the Dead 2 (Smilebit/SEGA, 2008). Windows port of Arcade game released in 2007. Japanese release only.
- Harpoon (Three-Sixty Pacific, 1989). The original. Available on various abandonware sites. Platform: DOS
- Harpoon Classic (1994). First Windows version.
- Harpoon II (1994). DOS, Mac
- Larry Bond’s Harpoon 3: Advanced Naval Warfare (2006).
- Larry Bond’s Harpoon Commander’s Edition (2007).
SUPER MARIO BROTHERS series
The first option is all platformers:
- Super Mario Bros (1985, NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 (1988, NES)
- Super Mario World (1990, SNES)
- Super Mario 64 (1996, N64)
- New Super Mario Bros (2009, Wii)
- Super Mario Bros 3 (1988, NES, Platform/Sidescroller)
- Super Mario Kart (1992, SNES, Racing)
- Mario Party 2 (1999, N64, Board/Puzzle/Strategy)
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (2004 2000, GameCube N64 and Wii Virtual Console, RPG)
- Mario Strikers Charged (2007, Wii, Sports)
- DOOM 1.1. (In PVW1 collection) Folder with installation package of v1.1 of DOOM, released 15 Dec. 1993, with alternate DOS extender. First registered release, also called the “mail-order release.” Includes Sound Blaster 1.0 support and serial mode multiplayer.
- DOOM 1.9 (final version) (In PVW1 collection) Zipped folder with The Ultimate DOOM (DOOM 1.9U), id Software & GT Interactive, 1995, files extracted from CD-ROM , plus images of box and media, plus Stanford wiki page with metadata. (Stanford metadata is copy cataloging – says 5 disks, but it was on CD)
- Marine DOOM. Mod for DOOM II.
- DOOM 3. id/Activision, 2004. PC version
- Heretic. Licensed total conversion, released commercially by Raven Software as shareware in 1994, then in a commercial version with additional levels by GT Interactive.
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (1985, Original PC/APPLE/C64/etc game)
- Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (1989, PC Version)
- Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (1991, NES/Konami Version, Possible Sega version?)
- Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (1997/1999)
- Carmen Sandiego Junior Detective